COVID-19 actually has made a strong negative impact on every business and in the global economy as well. Since everyday regular activities as strangers coming into close contact, face-to-face and the necessity of maintaining a few meters distance from individuals has made business almost impossible for all sorts of business. All business and organization cannot seem to run as they did, the “New Normal” of social distancing has become a severe necessity.
Because of restriction of direct contact and lockdown in almost all places of the nation, communication with clients, customers, agencies and vendors has become nearly impossible.In the Nepalease industries, especially smaller business enterprises, those businesses who do not have a digital presence are likely to be suffering drastically in their digital growth and customer strategies with zero revenue where getting new customers through word-of-mouth referrals is prominent.
Even Though live events, exhibitions, conferences are not possible and public promotions of products and services are not possible in current time, digital marketing is still holding its root strongly in the epidemic.
To cope up with the loss and adapt during COVID-19, we can consider some of the ways in order to pave the path of business so that they can earn revenue.
- - Research where your clients and customers are located and can be contacted on an online platform to communicate, engage and support.
- - Make online conference of employees with fun chatting and make more research and productive strategies utilizing the time and online resources
- - Working remotely from home is the best way in the current situation. There’s so many online websites and softwares that can help manage tasks, projects, time slots for each member tracking progress. Making use of them provides Time tracking on clients.
- - Daily check-ins with the team and accessing weekly/Biweekly/Monthly accountability will be more comfortable and convenient.
- - Social Media platforms are now more active than ever before, so those business organizations who have now thought of going digital need to consider Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, SEO, Bloggings and Influencer-led campaigns.
- - Bring new messaging strategy for advertising creatives, content marketing and email marketing teams
- - Create or update websites, launch new e-commerce channels and create social media campaigns focused on home workers.
Digital marketing strategies for COVID-19 crisis
Let’s discuss some of the digital marketing strategies that can help lift up the crisis which has occurred on our business strategies.
- 1. Directory Listings
To gain more exposure to the website and to draw top quality traffic, adding our listing to a business directory will be a great step in this epidemic.
People Who are in need of our services and customers leave reviews, ratings and testimonials in these business directories which adds trust to our company and eventually will the right clients find us.
- 2. Local Citations
According to the Moz.Inc, “A local citation is any online mention of the name, address, and phone number for a local business. Citations can occur on local business directories, on websites and apps, and on social platforms. Citations help Internet users to discover local businesses and can also impact local search engine rankings.”
Any inaccurate data in the listing can give customers a way to not choose us and can make a bad reputation of the business. So, getting local traffic with local citations on our website and from other social sites will be effective & fruitful.
- 3. Social Media Posts
In this COVID-19 lockdown, almost all people are on social media sites to connect with the people around the world. Customers can leave their feedback & experiences with the business which will build a great customer relation and give a good reputation as a brand. Engagement and customer relation is very important to hold them as regular and promising clients. So, social media posts like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Tumblr etc. will help engage people and connect.
- 4. Backlinks
When a search engine crawls a website page, it doesn’t only look at the site’s content but also studies the number of links that are coming from quality websites towards you. Additionally, backlinks can help generate brand awareness and draw traffic towards the site. Creating SEO backlinks to top quality and relevant sites will make a great difference in google ranking.
- 5. Blogging
Attracting new customers and engaging current customers with the websites can be done with blog posts.If you provide people with enough helpful, informative blogs, they’ll eventually see you as their go-to source within your industry. Also, people are more likely to share a top-quality blog post on social media, attracting an even wider audience.
We hope you all to be safe in this crisis and COVID-19 and get productive with new ideas and information during this time. Look into your product market fit and customers and modify the marketing way, build your company’s digital presence.